Tuesday 24 January 2017

Wanderlust 2017-Week 3

Wanderlust Week 3 with Wilna Furstenberg was an experience in drawing directly to paper with acrylic  ink.
 
Yeah I can do that, not done it before but I'll give it a go. 
 
Normally I lightly draw with a pencil and then go over it with the chosen medium.
I have to admit I did pencil in a few flowers to go over, as I wasn't relaxed enough to go full hog straight off, however once I got into the flow there was no stopping me.
 
 
 
Acrylic paint was used to colour the pages, magenta, primary yellow, white followed by sap green and brown, all were mixed to achieve different combinations of shades and tones.


 The swirl was added to use up the excess magenta and white, I decided to keep it as a feature and incorporate an arty quote, love the idea of journaling on a page but its not really me. Black was added to make the colours pop, although at one point I thought is resembled a pattern found on a barge.
 
 
I chose the least soppy arty type words I could find on the internet to go in my swirl, then as I sat posting this I  thought OMG I have sunflowers on my page and totally obliviously added a quote by Vincent Van Gogh.
 
This is how the first part of my project turned out, white/black ink/paint was used to add detail to highlight and draw the eye into the page.
 
I'm unable to complete the 2nd and 3rd part this weeks lesson as the printer is out of ink, mainly due to number one daughter printing off several photos for observation support  for an art project.
 
Say no more!
 
Hope you like it.
 
Sue X
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.